Monday, March 15, 2010

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!

I got my verrry first award!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!! Thank you so much Buzz!



The snappy headline notwithstanding- I read in the paper today that if you want people to like your blog the headline needs to be snappy. Crisp. Say it in as few words as possible, if you know what I mean.
Er, getting back to the post at hand, so where was I? Right, my very first award! GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT.
Ahem. I mean, you know how I normally handle these things with my trademark grace and equanimity, so after I had finished putting Nikki to bed (she got a tad frightened with all the whooping and war cries and running around the house yelling about my first award) I bounded up to P as he walked through the door, screeching that I'd been awarded.
"Really? How? Where?" he asked with a puzzled look, scanning the living room for signs of a trophy.
Bah! What does he know? I bet he's never been anybody's blogger buddy!
I think I need to pass this award on to my other blog buddies, so I am going to come back and do that properly, giving it the time and (mind)space it deserves. Am all out of both now what with the impending trip to the in-laws and the million and one other things I need to do for the upcoming mundan and ear piercing and first birthday party and.... aaaaarrrgh!

Thank you SO much again, Buzz, for the award, you've totally made my virtual day, and come to think of it, the non virtual bits of it too :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am glad we could make you happy..virtually or otherwise.

All the best for the mundan and ear piercing and birthday party..you have your hands full but then I don't have to tell you that.. :)

Give the Birthday Girl a big huge hug from our side

noor said...

Congrats NewMum,
Dropped by your blog through MRC.
Must say, you bring a smile to my face with your words.

Enjoy the travails of mommyhood for now...it just gets worse later on :(

Much love to Baby Nikki :)

N.

Momo's Ma said...

Congrats on the award lady and a tag waiting for you.

http://momotales.blogspot.com/2010/03/7-chosen-number-or-what.html

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

MRC said...

Hey Newmum,

Is the b'day party done?
Lotsa hugs to the little Nikki,and seeing how much you liked to be tagged, here's another one :D

http://minisblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/random-number-seven.html

Unknown said...

award for u.. http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/2010/04/awards-awards-n-more-awards.html

Veena said...

Congratulations on the award..you deserve it and more! Waiting for treats aka more posts from you.. :)

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

comfortablynam: Hello! We're done with the birthday party now. One down, two more to go!

noor: Hi there, glad you like it here :) It gets worse later on does it? Gulp! Must read your blog for tips on how to cope.

Momo's Ma: Hello there, how is lil Momo doing? I've been away for a bit but my love for tags is as strong as ever, so thank you! Will do it soonest, hope I'm not too late though.

Priyanka: Thanks :)

MRC: Hi there MRC, have you been rhyming while I was away? Yes the budday party is done at last! And I must get down to all these tags!

MindfulMeanderer: Screeeech!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Veena: Thank you! Was in hibernation for a while, but I'm back now so there will be a lot more posts!

megha said...

My heartly wishes from me and family for your award.. you can post like these blogs through our site which is related to mothers including parenting,pregnancy,beauty,health,education...We would like to contact you but we cant get your mail id.I would like to promote my blog through your blog please contact me through my mail id ,for further details check www.chennaimomsinfo@gmail.com

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Thanks Megha, will check out your blog.