Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back from hibernation!

Hola from Nikki-land! Yes I'm still alive and well, and more importantly (for me that is!) still blogging! I guess I ended up going on an unannounced blog break thanks to the myriad events that have happened over the last month or so. Even so, I hate these long blog breaks and I wish there was a way I could discipline myself to be more consistent when it comes to regularly updating the blog. Well there's hope yet since the New Year fever hasn't quite subsided and its not too late for some resolutions eh?
You've ALREADY resolved to blog more regularly- and TWICE at that, you say? Er, well I'm trying to get there. I am too! I actually wrote out no less than six drafts in the last couple of weeks but my attempts at publishing a post were always thwarted by that not-so-friendly neighborhood Mr Murphy who's been hanging around a little too often in my backyard of late. Two nights in a row this last week, as I typed out a post, the child and joy of my life who has been sleeping well for the last several months now, decided that sleeping through the night was passe and imposed bedtimes of 8.30 pm were strictly to be frowned upon. Its party time I say, she proclaimed accordingly, and went on to do just that resisting all attempts at walking, patting, rocking and singing her to sleep. And today, just a few minutes ago as I sat here typing during the nap time break that I get every afternoon, she woke up howling from her sleep and continued in that vein till I was a likely candidate for slip disc surgery from all the rocking. The terror remains with me still and even as I write now the tiniest wail (we live in a building teeming with sleepless kids) from an adjoining apartment sends shudders up my weakened spine.

Anyway its time to ring Mr Murphy out with the old and herald the new, which will hopefully see a whole lot more happening in this space. We've been up to a whole lot in this break, which thankfully, unlike the last long blog break was not due to any crises but more because of a whole lot of happy happenings :)Soon after Diwali we headed off for a much awaited vacation to God's own country and on our return jumped right into the pre-shaadi frenzy that preceded my sister's wedding. The wedding itself followed soon after and we buzzed into the New Year in a happy post wedding haze which continued right up to my birthday which I also celebrated this week. The post party glow still shimmers since January also sees us celebrating our anniversary later this month and I hope to be blogging about all of this and more as the month goes by. On that resolute (but cheery) note wish you all a Very Happy New Year! Hope had you great festive season and here's to a fabulous 2011 ahead for all of us!

7 comments:

Swaram said...

Congrats on ur sister's wedding, happy birthday, happy new year and happy anniversary in advance :)

Gr8 to hv u bk :)

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Thanks a lot, wish you a very happy new year too :) Need to catch up on your blog as well, have been away from the blogging world for too long!

Vandana said...

Yayyyyyyy you're back! Happy new year, birthday, anniv and here's to LOTS more blogging! We missed you!

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Thanks, wish you a very happy new year too!

Anonymous said...

Wishing Nikki, you and everyone in your family a wonderful 2011. Have a great Birthday and Anniversary.

Sleep issues..we will not talk about :|

Vachu said...

Happy new year! Happy birthday, happy anniversary and what not! loads of happy....
My new year resolutions - optimism and fun. (blogging more is a given)

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Comfortablynam...Thanks, wish you a fabulous 2011 too! And yes, sleep issues..shush!

Vachu...Hi there, wish you a happy 2011 too! Thanks for all the wishes :) Your new year resolutions are fab, mine is to become a better driver. And yes, blog more!