Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Play it again, Mom

Again and again and AGAIN. All day long.



This was just supposed to be ONE of the gazillion things that went into Nikki's potty training*. Pauses to wipe away tears of hysteria. And no, it isn't laughter. Now the child insists on watching it all day long and as soon as I turn it on, proceeds to do a merry jig while she perches on her Fifi Flower Tots pink potty**. Pee and poop on the Fifi Flower Tots pink potty? Pish tosh!


*No of course she's not potty trained yet. *Goes away gnashing teeth*
**Which cost us close to a fortune as the good man and husband unfailingly reminds me time and again.

Video courtesy You Tube. When the child is finally potty trained- pause for fervent prayer and roll of the eyes heavenwards, yes, yes the day will come!- I will highly recommend this as a very effective potty training tool. Until then, balle balle my child, go potty go!

7 comments:

Vandana said...

LOL! I can totally picture her sitting on that pink pot and DANCING! hahaha....errr I mean all d best with the potty training!

Sherry said...

ahem .. so the potty training isn't going too well is it? how long have you been training her?

Anonymous said...

You're failing with one!!
Tried with two?? :D
I've skipped the tiny-tot potty and am trying for the direct toilet bowl approach.
And failing miserably :(
And err about the video...I seriously had no clue such jewels existed.
I guess this is the priority video of the week :D

Anonymous said...

You know, I really shouldn't have listened to the people at home and done away with buying a potty for the twins. The in-laws insisted that the best way was for them to learn to use the loo directly :roll:
Not surprisingly, we are still miles away from potty training :(
Good luck to Nikki (and you too )for the potty training efforts :)
May you succeed where others have failed :D

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Vandana...Hmph! Thanks!

Sherry...Errr on and off actually, so she isn't entirely to blame :D

momofrs...Yeah it is a pretty nice video isn't it :)To be honest the fault is mine not Nikki's coz I haven't been very consistent (read LAZY) in training her, but have decided to roll up my sleeves and get down to business now.

Ado said...

Hi - I found your blog thru Mad Momma's blog.

Here is a wonderful tip my husband gave me when I was really worried and beaten down by the whole potty training debacle. He said: "If you think she's not going to be potty trained by the time she's getting married - then it's a problem, but for now - it's not a problem."

So I apply that "wedding wisdom" to a lot of kid worries I have - "will she have this same issue (i.e., thumb sucking) on her wedding day?" - if the answer is, "I think not!" then I don't have to worry about it so much. (-:

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Ado...Hi there, thanks for the advice, I needed it! It's a wonderful tip all right and will sure come in handy for a worry wart like me!